The Hill Country Cattlewomen gladly offer a college scholarship to college juniors and above who are residents of one of the 14 counties HCCW covers. HCCW hopes to promote the education of agricultural majors or those with agricultural interest including opportunities for those who wish to attend a trade school. Interested students should read the scholarship guidelines carefully and may find the application and rules below.
Please note the requirements are a little different for the trade school applicants. Please see the application for complete rules.
DEADLINE has been extended to July 15, 2021!
Here is the link to our collegiate application. This link only…no PDF version.
Here is the link to our trade school application. This link only…no PDF version.
Scholarship ApplicationOnline Form
Trade School Scholarship ApplicationOnline Form
- 1. Scholarship may be awarded annually with additional scholarships possible according to funding availability. Scholarship awards are open to all majors including Trade School applicants. Priority will be given to applicants agriculture. Previous HCCW scholarship winners may also be considered. Scholarship recipients who’ve received the highest monetary award may apply but will not be eligible for top award. Scholarships will be awarded for Texas Colleges and Universities only.
- 2. Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, and be a resident of one of the following 14 counties: Bandera, Bexar, Blanco, Edwards, Gillespie, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Llano, Mason, McCulloch, Menard, Real, or San Saba.
- 3. Applications may be downloaded from our official website, www.hillcountrycattlewomen.com All applicants (excluding Trade School Applicants) should have earned 60 college hours or more and be a college level junior or senior at the time of application. The student must maintain a schedule of 12 hours minimum and a GPA of 2.8. Participation in community and college level activities will be considered. Trade School applicants must submit proof of High School Graduation.
- 4. All applicants (excluding Trade School applicants) must provide: a. A completed Scholarship Application following all instruction in the application b. Official Transcript (must reflect spring semester completion and grades) c. Two recommendations
- 5. Upon receipt of application, the Scholarship Chairwoman will contact applicant to verify receipt. An award or denial notification will be sent subsequent to applicant deliberations. Scholarship recipients must accept award according to instruction and by the deadline date indicated in award communication.
- 6. Scholarship funds will be released (contingent upon receipt of the aforementioned items) to the college or university address on the original application, with funds to be used for tuition and fees only. The scholarship funds may be applied to any semester as needed during the academic year for which it is awarded.
- 7. The Scholarship Committee members who review and score the applications shall have sole discretion in the selection of scholarship winners. Family members of the committee are not eligible to apply.
- 8. DEADLINE EXTENDED: Applications must be received by 11:59pm on Monday, June 15, 2021. No late, or incomplete application will be considered.
For more information contact:
If you have any questions, please Contact Us